When you want to make something delicious to impress, this is your lifesaver. A meaty treat. The infusion of the mushrooms in this sauce really lifts the whole dish a notch.
Serves 4 | Time needed ~ 40 minutes
4 bigger or 8 smaller veal escalopes, pounded thin
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
150 g mushrooms, diced
1 small carrot, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely sliced
200 ml beef stock
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp paprika powder
Salt & peppar to taste
- Place the flour in a flat plate. Season the escalopes with salt and pepper then dip one side of them in the flour.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Reduce the heat a bit, then fry the escalopes with the floury side down first for 2-3 minutes, until they get a nice colour. Turn them over and fry the other side.
- Remove the escalopes from the pan and cover them with aluminium foil to keep them warm.
- Fry onion, carrot and the mushrooms in the pan. If necessary, add some vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute, then pour the beef stock over, add the bay leaves, paprika powder and soy sauce.
- Add the escalopes back to the pan and let it all simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve immediately.