My co-bloger here, Asija, loves to buy different cooking and baking magazines. She, offcourse, cooks real good as well :)
As I visit her, I use the opportunity to browse through her newest journals in order to see if there is something there for me as well. And there was. I quickly took a photo of this recipe. She noticed and jokingly said that I had to pay for it :)
Perhaps the best way to pay back would be to cook the recipe and feed a hungry stomach?
Anyway, here goes…
500 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 big carrot, peeled and chopped
8 cm leek, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 fresh chilli pod, finely chopped
1 lemongrass-stalk, halved lengthwise
2 small onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp paprika powder
500 ml vegetable or beef stock
400 ml coconut milk
1 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
150 g crayfish meat
- Heat the oil in a big pot, then sauté the curry powder for a moment.
- Add potatoes, carrot, leek, chilli, pepper and onion and stir while sautéing for 5 minutes. Then add paprika powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the stock and coconut milk over the vegetable, add the lemongrass and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass from the pot. Puree the soup with a hand blender. Add more water if needed.
- Season with soya sauce, more salt and pepper. Add the crayfish and decorate with chopped parsley and chives.
Adapted from chefkoch.de magazine.