Now, I do not want to say that this is a perfect recipe. Peanut butter cups should probably be made with some sort of milk chocolate, but I took what my pantry had to offer; dark cooking chocolate. It still got thumbs up from my test panel so I therefore choose to share my version with you.
Serves ca 25 pcs | Time needed ~ 20 min
200 g cooking chocolate ( or milk chocolate)
2 tsp coconut fat
200 g peanut butter
30 g icing sugar
1/2 tsp salt
- Line mini-muffin forms on a tray.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut fat in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Using a tea spoon, add chocolate to each muffin form. You should use up approximately half of the melted chocolate.
- Chill the forms by putting the tray in the refrigerator for 10 minutes so that the chocolate hardens.
- Meanwhile, put peanut butter and salt in a saucepan and warm the mass up without melting it. Add the icing sugar and stir well.
- Place a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture on top of each chocolate layer.
- Spoon the rest of the melted chocolate over the peanut butter in each form.
- Refrigerate so it all hardens a bit.