It’s getting warmer outside and our desire for enjoying a coffee on the balcony rises. But there is still something missing…Of course…A summer cake with with lots of fruits and a refreshing mascarpone-curd cheese cream. Doesn’t it sound dreamlike!? It tastes heavenly and it is easy to make…Now we are ready for the summer :-)
Serves 8-10 | Time needed ~ 1 h + 3 h cooling time
80 g sugar
5 tbsp lukewarm water
100 g sifted flour
1 tsp baking-powder
250 g mascarpone
125 g low-fat curd cheese (quark)
250 ml whipped cream (with cream stiffener)
50 g sugar
1 package of vanilla sugar
500 g “rote Grütze”
Coconut flakes for decoration
For the base
- Place the eggs, sugar and lukewarm water in a bowl and mix around for 5 min using a hand mixer.
- Carefully fold in the sifted flour and baking-powder without using the hand mixer anymore.
- Lay out a 26 cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Spread the mixture in the springform pan and bake at 160 °C (fan oven) for 30 min.
- Take the cake out of the springform and allow to cool completely.
For the cream filling
- Place the mascarpone and curd cheese in a bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the wipped cream, sugar and vanille sugar.
- Pour half of the mixture over the pre-baked base. Than pour half of the red fruit jely on top of it.
- Repeat step three until all materials are processed solid.
- Top the cake with coconut flakes and allow to cool for about 3 h in the fridge.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!
You can also use fresh or frozen berries instead of the “rote Grütze”.