I love cornmeal and polenta. Everything, from pancakes to biscuits, gets a yellowish, happy colour just by adding a few spoons of cornflour. The taste is off course lovely as well. I believe you guys can see that I am a fan :-). So, every now and then, I make this bread-like cake. Or should I say cake-like bread perhaps? Anyhow, try it! It will brighten up your morning.
P.S: Make and bake in muffin forms if you are extra playful and want to make an impression.
Serves 2 to 4 | Time needed ~ 45 min
1 dl milk or cream
5 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp polenta
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1,5 dl cottage cheese
1 dl crumbled herder’s cheese ( Deutsch: Hirtenkäse. This can be replaced with feta cheese)
3 tbsp of any herb-spread or herb
- Put oven on 200C.
- Grease a 25×20 cm baking dish with some vegetable oil.
- Beat eggs with milk/cream.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix the batter evenly, then add all of the cheeses. The consistency should resemble a thicker pancake batter.
- Spread the mix in the dish and bake for approximately 20 min, until golden and firm.
- Enjoy with ajvar or vegetables.