A great vegetarian recipe that one can spice as one pleases. This is a simple base that is really tasty. I wouldn’t change anything :) Goes nice with rice, or as we like it, with bread to dip in…
Serves 2-4 | Time needed ~ 45 min
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp curcuma
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 shredded red chillies
300 g red lentils
400 ml coconut milk
200 ml tomato purée
200 ml water
1 vegetable stock cube
Salt & pepper to taste
- Peal and chop the onion and the garlic cloves finely.
- Coat a medium sized pot with oil of your choice and sauté the onions.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilies, and spices.
- Stir until all is well blended then add the lentils, coconut milk, tomato purée, water and broth.
- Cook oproximetxly 25 minutes, remembering to stir so it doesn’t burn. Add more water if needed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a lemon slice, creme fraiche and bread/rice.